Thursday, February 6, 2014

A galloping New Year....and Gretchen Rubin

I cannot believe that it's 2014!! There was so much hype around 2012 for soooo long, I just didn't think of any other years after it... so I'm always a little shocked when they arrive. It feels like only yesterday that we were all stressing about the YEAR 2000.... and yet, here we are... the YEAR 2014.  

A Seven year in numerology, this year is all about introspection... so pretty much looking within rather than without to find things that make us happy. Its also the year of the horse. The wood horse to be exact... and from what I can tell, its to be a rather challenging year for most of us 'cause it seems this horse likes to gallop, has way too much energy, and occasionally catches fire. I'm a dragon and Mr is a rat... word on the street is that neither of us should expect an awesome year. But in the end I suppose, it's what you make of it... you know, free will and all that. So there's no reason why you can't make it EPIC and give that little wooden horse the finger.  

Why not start here with your epicness... 

I've spoken before on how much I enjoyed Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project"... its a GREAT book and I can't recommend enough that you take the time to read it if you can. Her website if also chokka full of awesome stuff so pop over there is you can too. Its because of Gretchen that I remind myself daily, while knee deep in my very own 'Motherhood Project', which often feels scarily ground hoggish and mundane, that the days are long but the years are short. So I make a conscious effort to really try and enjoy every nappy change, every breastfeed and every time we sit down for a snack ... because one day I just know I'll miss it. 

Anyhoo, Gretchen has recently launched 21 day happiness projects. That's kind of perfect! Twenty one days is exactly how long it takes to make a habit.... she so must have known that!! You can actually try 'The Relationship Challenge' for free and then decide if you would like to try one of the other four options she has on offer. It goes without saying that I'll be signing up for the know yourself better and de-clutter one. I'm currently trying the relationship challenge though and am on day five. Its easy things like remembering to kiss your partner every morning and night. Real simple stuff. But its usually the simple stuff that gets forgotten in the madness of day to day life. 
So why not give it a go and see what you think... it may just be the first step in one of your best years EVER!  

No comments:

Post a Comment