Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Vinegar and baking soda... it HAS to be done!

Now I know Wednesdays are usually reserved for some really cool stuff I've seen online.... ah, wait a minute, this totally hits the mark 'cause the ole vinegar and baking soda trick is pretty ah-maze!! 

Let's just start by saying that I'm the WORST housewife ever. I love a house that sparkles and shines... its just that I'd prefer someone else to do it all for me. I'm a pretty good 'straightener upper' though and am forever plumping the cushions and stacking the (dirty) dishes into neat rows.

I've also been on the 'eco products' band wagon for years.... although the cleaner I most recently had (oh, how I miss you Jo!) kindly asked me to please buy the 'heavy duty stuff' so that she could do her job properly without any sort of elbow or shoulder dislocation from the scrubbing required. In my experience though, it all takes some serious elbow grease regardless of product... and its all sooooooooooo mind - and arm - numingly boooorrrrriiiinnnnggggggg!!!!

So I've wanted to try this vinegar milarkie for years - as in literally years - and finally got around to it this past week when I stumbled over this page. Since my my bath was kinda heading the very same way I got all inspired... not enough to add no fancy smancy orangey stuff mind you and just went straight up, hardcore vinegar. Although I did make a rather flash spray bottle by recycling the nozzle from something else and just tightening it straight onto the vinegar bottle. Gosh, there is so a domestic goddess deep down in there somewhere.

And like I said... pretty AH-MAZE!! It's so easy peasy, pudding and pie that I will absolutely be cleaning the bathroom this way again. And again. And again. And hello, non-toxic. Like, boom. 

Now I'm telling you that you simply must, must, must try this out for yourself - if you haven't already. And in that case... why haven't you shared this awesomeness???

So cheap, so easy, and so good for the environment. We're all winning!

I also cleaned my drains with the 'how to' from this site. And since I was on a bit of a vinegar bender, I used it as a rinse in my washing. Yuck. I hated it. Tried it twice and sucked both times. So I'm out on that count. But since I don't use softener anyhoo, we're still winning, people, we're still winning.

I can't want to hear how your experiences go... yay or nay, what did you think?

PS I hope my Pam's cheque is in the mail for the free advertising!  

No comments:

Post a Comment