Saturday, September 26, 2009

What I'm reading...

Giving Julie & Julia (Julie Powell) another bash... I am sure I bought more than a year ago, likely even more than that... but although I liked the concept, it never grabbed me and unusually for me, I didn't finish it. Of course, the movie is soon out and I ADORE reading the book and then seeing the movie... so, I'm trying again and seem to be enjoying. Weird how that happens... you don't like and then you do... bit like the HP books. 

And on that, have no finished the Goblet of Fire (JK Rowling - FYI, now has twitter))... loved the movie, was mesmerized. So wish that Peter Jackson suddenly took a liking to me and included me in all his future movie making undertakings. What an amazing thing to do.... take a book and make it into a movie. Love it! Sorry, mentioned that already.... but I really do, I love it! 

Am also on pg 26 of Great Expectations (Charles Dickens). I'm not a fan of olde school (though I really would love to be) but am impressed by his writing... like this piece...
'I had seen the damp lying outside of my little window, as if some goblin had been crying there all night, and using the window for a pocket-handkerchief.'
Isn't that lovely....  

No comments:

Post a Comment