Friday, February 26, 2010

Gorgeous, lovely, wonderful, pretend trash....


Awwww..... you just have to love pure escapism TRASH! I do, although I have to mix it up so that it's not too predictable because the story lines don't really deviate from the base plan all that much - girl meets boy, boy or girl stuffs up, all good and love prevails. Awwwwwww..... and what could be wrong with that ideal?? So, what have I been busy with...

How to sleep with a Movie Star by Kristin Harmel
I read this book years ago and loved it (all my old fav's are coming out again) and I loved it this time again. It's just such a well loved cliche that 'ordinary girl' has some fancy pants super star fall in love with her. I think it's because at a base, we all think we're just ordinary gal's waiting for that prince charming to sweep us off our feet! But, as I'm sure we all know, there are a lot more of Tom's type out there than Cole's... but books like this make you keep hoping that maybe, just maybe.... fairytales do come true. Loved it.

Size 12 is not fat by Meg Cabot
Yay! My first Meg Cabot book.... and I quite enjoyed. It took me a few chapters to realise that Meg has a different writing style (good on ya!) to others and stays present tense a lot. You don't see much of that... but with her it definitely works. I like Heather, she's believable and one can relate... even though she was meant to be this huge pop star! It kind of makes the rest of us feel that we could have done it too if we'd been in the right place at the right time... and could sing! And I love how it's a detective story... that's a cool concept. It's that little bit different to the bog standard chick book, but easy to flow with. I may even read another at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment